Oktoberfest Chili Cookoff
ENTRY FORM & RULES
Sunday, October 18th
In the Sacred Heart Parish Hall
Register at the event on Friday or Saturday or right here!
$20.00 Entry Fee
$5.00 to be a judge and...well...eat chili!
1. The entry fee will be $20.00 per chili entered. There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place cash prize.
2. All ingredients must be pre-cooked & treated prior to the event – chili is to be brought “ready-to-eat”. Beans? No beans? That's up to you. Whatever is chili to you may be entered, but just remember...the judges will decide. You may not include pasta or other garnishes in the chili itself.
3. Contestants are responsible for supplying all of their own utensils & products relating to their chili submission and maintenance of it’s proper temperature for serving (crock pot, etc.) Spoons and cups for use in serving chili to the judges will be provided.
4. Each contestant must cook a minimum of four (4) quarts of competition chili. Contestants are permitted to prepare only one (1) pot of competition chili, which will be submitted for judging.
5. Each contestant will be assigned a “contestants number” by the Chief Scorekeeper and be given a container in which their chili will be collected at the time of the official judging. Each contestant should verify that the number on the bottom of their container is the same as their contestant number assigned to them by the Chief Scorekeeper. At the option of the Chief Judge, each contestant may be required to cover their number on the bottom of the container with non-transparent tape prior to giving their bowl to the collector or delivering it to the judging area.
6. The decision of the judges is final. Judging will be based on score cards which are numbered. 80% of the final tally will be from the judges score cards. 20% will be scorecards from “people’s choice.”
7. Each contestant is responsible for policing and cleaning up the area at the end of the day and removing all items from the area. No items shall be allowed to remain after the close of the Cook-off.